The fan power law defines the fundamental engineering relationship between four key indicators of fan performance: fan flow rate; fan static (or total) pressure, fan power, and fan static (or total) efficiency.
In this self-guided course, you will work with the elements of the fan power law equation and explore how they interact. You will also practice calculating the compressibility factor and the fan electrical and mechanical power.
- Includes pdf course notes that are handy for future reference, and make it easier for you to follow along, especially if English is not your first language
- Includes IP - SI spreadsheet calculator for unit conversion
- You can leave the course and the system will save your progress for when you come back, but you must finish within 30 days of enrolling
- Explore or re-visit topics in the sequence you desire
- Learning activities and quiz questions keep you engaged in the topics
- SI units only
- Allow at least 1 hour 15 minutes in your schedule for completing this course
- After passing the course, you can print a certificate of completion for your employer
- For multi-person and multi-course discounts, email firstname.lastname@example.org